G10 epoxy board is generally used as insulating structural parts in motors and electrical equipment, such as circuit breakers, switch cabinets, transformers, DC motors, AC contactors, explosion-proof electrical appliances and other electrical appliances. It is widely used, while 3240 is an old traditional board. G10 is a commonly used board in European and American systems. Because the raw material resin technology is different, the strength voltage, electrical strength, and water absorption resistance of G10 are better than 3240.
Is the insulation performance of g10 epoxy board good?
The epoxy glass cloth board is yellow, the material is epoxy resin, and the epoxy glass fiber board is made of glass fiber, which is generally aqua-green. Its temperature resistance is higher than that of the epoxy glass cloth board, and the insulation in all aspects is also better. Compared with epoxy glass cloth board, the price is also higher. The basic properties of the two of them are the same, both of them can be insulated, wear-resistant, high-voltage and corrosion-resistant.
Advantages of g10 epoxy board:
1. Various forms. Various resins, curing agents, and modifier systems can almost adapt to the requirements of various applications on the form, and the range can be from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. Convenient curing. Choose a variety of different curing agents, the epoxy resin system can almost be cured in the temperature range of 0 ~ 180 ℃.
3. Strong adhesion. The inherent polar hydroxyl groups and ether bonds in the molecular chain of epoxy resins make it highly adhesive to various substances. The shrinkage of epoxy resin is low when curing, and the internal stress generated is small, which also helps to improve the adhesion strength.
4. Low shrinkage. The reaction between the epoxy resin and the curing agent used is carried out by direct addition reaction or ring-opening polymerization reaction of epoxy groups in the resin molecule, and no water or other volatile by-products are released. Compared with unsaturated polyester resins and phenolic resins, they show very low shrinkage (less than 2%) during curing.
5. Mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.