What are the properties of carbon fiber composites parts
1. The specific modulus and elastic modulus are high. There are many types of carbon fiber composite materials. The more common ones are T300 and T700. The tensile strength of T300 can reach 3500MPa, and the density of the material is only 1.6g/cm3 , It may be seen this way, it is not intuitive, then compared with steel, we can see that the tensile strength of steel is 650MPa, and the density is 7.8g/cm3. From this comparison, we can see that the density of carbon fiber is about one-fifth of steel, but the strength is It can reach more than five times that of steel, which also leads to the fact that carbon fiber can bring very good performance in lightweight applications, which is also an important reason why carbon fiber products are also well used in aircraft, automobiles and other fields.
2. Better corrosion resistance. Carbon fiber composite materials have the advantages of strong acid and alkali resistance. Even in a strong acid and alkali environment, it is not easy to be corroded immediately. Compared with metal materials, it has very good resistance. Corrosion, including corrosion of aldehydes and benzenes, also has strong oxidation resistance.
3. High temperature resistance, compared with plastic products, the high temperature resistance performance is not bad, it can withstand high temperature of several hundred degrees, and the thermal expansion coefficient is low, and the stability of the entire carbon fiber product is also better.
4. Impact resistance and fatigue resistance. Carbon fiber composite products have excellent impact resistance performance advantages. For example, the performance of carbon fiber products as a central carrier plate will be better. Likewise, carbon fiber products have good fatigue resistance. It also makes the service life of products produced with carbon fiber composite materials longer.
5. Good wear resistance and very good wear resistance. The inner carbon fiber tow itself is similar to the result of carbon atoms, and each outer tow is bonded by resin, which better guarantees its structure. Stability, with very good wear resistance, the entire wear coefficient is also close to zero.
6. Battery shielding performance, when carbon fiber composite materials are made into carbon fiber products, electromagnetic shielding materials can be added, so that carbon fiber products have good battery shielding performance. For some precision instrument products, this can better ensure that the instrument will not be greatly affected in carbon fiber products. This has played a very good role in the military field.
7. The advantage of X-ray transmission. Carbon fiber composite materials have a very good ability to transmit X-rays. In practical applications, such as carbon fiber medical bed boards, this performance advantage is used, which can be better for CT imaging. Including some stealth aircraft, if the product is used on it, it can also have a very good stealth effect.
Carbon fiber materials were put into the market for the first time in the late 1960s. my country has mastered the production technology of carbon fiber materials for nearly ten years. However, carbon fiber materials rely on their unique performance advantages – high specific strength, high specific modulus, wear resistance. , electrical conductivity, no creep and fatigue under long-term stress, good X-ray permeability, dimensional stability, small thermal expansion coefficient, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, etc., it has become one of the reinforcing fibers with wide performance and many uses. It is used in various fields such as aerospace, satellite, precision instrument, civil, rocket, aircraft, X-ray device, medicine and so on.